Friday, July 28, 2006

American Music Club rocks The Gap!



Our favorite AAA radio promoter, Jennifer Daunt , sent us the following review of last night's American Music Club show at the Gap in the Marina district of San Francisco.

How we wish we had been there!

"AMC at the Gap...it was so bizarre, I couldn't help laughing the minute I walked in, all the gap moms and kids watching and the blaringly sober retail displays and lights on the newest denim line. all the AMC boys were wearing gap clothes!!!! I think they were all wearing matching Gap denim jackets!! One little boy kept bugging Mark, "excuse me, excuse me, you're very good at this!"

and get this, they end the set (or may have been 2nd to last) with PATRIOT'S HEART!!! some of the most obscene lyrics he's ever written!! I kept watching the small group of listeners, swooning unknowingly, no one picked up any of the lyrics or didn't want to. I loved it, BRAVO!!!

and actually, they were quite good! I'll try to send you the postcard and popcorn holder that the gap designed for the event, unbelievable...they had free popcorn and sodas for all.

It was truly a clash of worlds!"
Digg!

2 Comments:

Blogger QuarBy said...

nuts!

August 3, 2006 at 11:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tony Heywood said...

Sorry I missed it! Maybe they will do a tour of Gap shops in the UK? Did they get to keep the clothes.

August 4, 2006 at 4:10:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home