Wednesday, December 19, 2007

2007 Top 10 Lists: Tracyanne & Carey of Camera Obscura


We kick off our 2007 Year-end lists with Tracyanne Campbell and Carey Lander of Camera Obscura!

****
Tracyanne's Top 10:

As usual the majority of the music I've bought hasn't been contemporary.
Here's a list of the best
of contemporary I have managed to buy and enjoy in no particular order:

1.John Rauhouse - Steal Guitar Heart Attack
My boyfriend got me into this. The sound of his guitar makes me melt. John's
guitar that is...
2.Taken By Trees - Open Field
Simply beautiful and fragile. A fantastic debut.
3. Jens Lekman - Night Falls over Kortedala
The ingredients he uses to season his songs are a wonderful mystery to me.
This album makes me greedily want more and more and more from Jens Lekman.
4.The Kings of Leon - Because of the Times
What can I say? A Good old fashioned rock band with great tunes.
My highlight is 'Fans'.
5.Rilo Kiley - Under the Blacklight
I love the 80's vibe. It's very good to dance to which is important.
6.Feist - Reminder
I recently saw her perform in Glasgow and it was the most enjoyable show
I've been to in years. She makes me want to go home and practice playing guitar.
7.The Clientele - God Save the Clientele
'The Queen of Seville' makes tears pop out of me every time.
8.Rufus Wainwright - Release the Stars
Genius!
9.Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
This was released in the UK in 2006 but I had to put it in. I'll never tire
of 'Rehab'.
10. Richard Hawley - Lady's Bridge
Hopelessly devoted...


Carey's Top 10:

1. Richard Hawley - Lady's Bridge
2. Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala
3. Rufus Wainwright - Release the Stars.
4. Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
5. Loney Dear - Loney Dear, Loney Noir
6. Taken By Trees - Open Field
7. The Clientele - God Save The Clientele
8. Innocence Mission - We walked in Song
9. Rilo Kiley - Under the Blacklight
10. The Shins - Wincing the Night Away

Labels: ,

Digg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home